110+ Years of Innovation
Loeb Electric was founded in 1912 in Columbus, Ohio by Oscar Avery and Arthur Loeb, Sr. Originally named The Avery & Loeb Electric Company, the founders sold radio and electrical products to the burgeoning electrical industry. Operations ceased for a few months in 1929 when the Great Depression hit. However, a few months later, Arthur Loeb restarted operations as Loeb Electric.
Shortly after World War II, Arthur Loeb, Sr. passed the helm to his son, Arthur Loeb, Jr., who ran the company until he passed away in 1982. At that time, his son, Charles Loeb, took over the reins following the obtainment of his degree in Montana and starting his career at the Loeb Electric counter.
In the 1990s, we opened our retail stores in central Ohio. During that time, we also invested in a National Accounts division, offering solutions to brands with multiple locations nationwide, as well as preventative and reactive maintenance services across the country. All the while, the core focus was steadied on the satisfaction of our customers which fueled our steady growth.
Our heritage in superior quality and customer service has driven innovative solutions for thousands of customers across the country, including pioneering programs in sustainable lighting, job-site productivity, and wire services.
Today, we are still family owned and operated and are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States. Learn about The Loeb Difference.